Monday, May 19, 2008

Answering Mr. Thava briefly

I am answering Mr. Thava very briefly by the same points he mentioned. His comments should be read in their entirety below. He has taken this very personally and readers will need to read his comments to get the gist of his feelings I won't be answering as many comments anymore as my time is getting more constrained but I will try to.

1) I actually mentioned my idealism was drained away not that I was an idealist. You answered what you wanted to rather than what I was saying. 

2) This is disingenous. There are many things that can be compared. Yield per acreage etc. NLFCS is meant to give its profit to members through various means and of course as a co-operative it would give much more than a commercial organisation, and a company would either give its profits to shareholders as dividends, keep it, or reinvest it> NLFCs would have less to reinvest. This difference can be taken into consideration and the necessary measures adjusted to account for this. If Mr. Thava is suggesting that there should be no comparable measures, why not?

3) As I mentioned before I am talking about the present and the future. I respect your opinion.

the whole article is here

http://www.bmahendran.com/?p=323

If you read it in entirety, is is easy to pick and choose what to highlight and assume that is the whole article. I could for example highlight this from the very same article

"To put it simply, Tun V.T. Sambanthan sacrificed his own wealth to serve the people. Only a
genuine leader with concern for his subjects’ will do that. Today in contrast, we have leaders who only think of enriching themselves by taking a big piece of the pie for themselves before giving the crumbs for the people whom they supposedly represent."

The above is not a comment on anyone but just to highlight the fact that it is easy to pick and choose your facts, the article does praise NLFCS of course, but as I said before I am talking about the here and now . 

4) This is a sensitive issue and I have mentioned this only in passing. I have no intention of insulting anyone but only 2 points to raise here.

People have cried foul actually and this is again disingenous, you are comparing the wrong people to the wrong people (I believe, but we can agree to disagree on this) both here and in point 1). On your point 1) you compare me negatively with someone and here you compare someone very positively with various people, this wide swing is is exactly why the right things should be used in order to be better able to compare things.

Qualifications do not automatically qualify someone to run a multi-million dollar co-operative and this is a weak point.

5) What I meant was that whole paragraph was filled with your emotion. There was no way for me to break it up on a point by point basis so therefore I could not comment. 

6) I will talk about inter-company transactions in more detail in a later post.

And finally of course Mr. Thava, you have selectively and cleverly highlighted certain things, opinions of mine, certain peripheral things and written your track, but the very specific questions I have raised, the things that are at the core of this blog, not the things at the edges, you have avoided (maybe ?) and not answered.  

Again, this is about NLFCs not against anyone. The title of the blog is Reform-NLFCS, not anti so and so.

Regards

No comments: